Sandy Level Baptist Church is currently searching for a new ministry assistant.
How do I apply?
Interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume to email@example.com.
Below you will find a copy of the job description. The job description and other details about the ministry assistant position are subject to review and may be updated throughout our hiring process.
Members of Sandy Level Baptist are NOT eligible to for this position.
Ministry Assistant Job Description
The Ministry Assistant is responsible for administering the tasks and functions of the church office in concert with the daily service practices of the pastoral staff. In addition to these general duties, the Ministry Assistant will also be responsible for tasks related to bookkeeping, office management, church calendar and events updates, telephone services, publications, and correspondence.
Policy and Procedures Description of the Ministry Assistant
Job Title: Ministry Assistant
Ministry Purpose: To administrate the operations within the church office and maintain the services of bookkeeping, church calendar, communications, publications, and correspondence.
Service Relationships: The Ministry Assistant is directly responsible to the Senior Pastor or other assigned ministerial staff. The Ministry Assistant may supervise other office assistants or office volunteers.
- Acts as the church office receptionist directing phone calls, appointments, and guests throughout the church.
- Coordinates the total Church Events Calendar and keeps records of the administrative forms related to all events.
- Keeps ministerial staff, deacons, and others informed of crises or ministry opportunities within the congregation and community.
- Maintains church files in cooperation with the Church Clerk, Church Trustees and Church Treasurer.
- Prepares, edits, and produces all church publications including church newsletter, worship bulletins and denominational statistics.
- Assists the Pastoral Staff in preparing worship action, events, baptisms, and special presentations.
- Takes and screens ministers’ phone calls.
- Assists the Church Treasurer, Finance Committee, and Bookkeeper with all Church Budget reports and accountability.
- Facilitates social media presence of the church and the church website.
- Serves as a gatekeeper for building usage requests by communicating with the Buildings and Grounds Committee and the Pastoral Staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Publisher
- Experience with QuickBooks and Tax Preparation
- Experience preparing printed publications and web-based content
- Experience Working with People
- Typing skills of at least 40 WPM
- General Technological Proficiency
- Experience with Breeze CHMS
Monday – Thursday 8am-3pm
Fri – 8 am-12pm
Commensurate with education and experience
$32-$36K per year
2 – Weeks of Paid Vacation